What is ISO 26000?
ISO 26000 is the designation of the future International Standard giving guidance on social responsibility (SR). It is intended for use by organizations of all types, in both public and private sectors, in developed and developing countries. It will assist them in their efforts to operate in the socially responsible manner that society increasingly demands. ISO 26000 contains guidance, not requirements, and therefore will not be for use as a certification standard like ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
Why is ISO 26000 important?
ISO 26000 will add value to existing initiatives for social responsibility by providing harmonized, globally relevant guidance based on international consensus among expert representatives of the main stakeholder groups and so encourage the implementation of best practice in social responsibility worldwide. Sustainable business for organizations means not only providing products and services that satisfy the customer, and doing so without jeopardizing the environment, but also operating in a socially responsible manner.
What is ISO 26000 assessment?
IS0 26000 Assessment is the first global standard on corporate social responsibility. It is neither a management system nor is it intended for certification purposes. ISO 26000 can be applied to all types of organizations, regardless of their size, activity or location and helps implement socially responsible activities.
ISO 26000 Assessment includes many measurements related to stakeholders’ involvement and covers seven core subjects: governance, human rights, labor practices, the environment, fair operating practices, consumer issues, community involvement and development.
What are the key benefits of ISO 26000 assessment?
- Strategic advantage within each company’s competitive industry
- Streamlines internal processes and assures the implementation of commitment to social responsibility and sustainability
- Protects your brand image and increases customer and employee satisfaction
- Attracts investors and sponsors concerned with social responsibility and sustainable development
Why choose GSCS?
- GSCS specialises in Certification, backed by an efficient IT system and a group of professionals and experts.
- GSCS is ASCB accredited company to perform Social Responsibility Audits and is a world leader in the field of accredited social responsibility.
- Our array of experts provides you with the process approach audits aimed at promoting continual improvement – enabling your organisation to remain competitive globally.
- 24/7 Help Desk
- Network of Overseas Strategic Partners
- Fixed Cost & Competitive Quotations