The Recycled Claim Standard (RCS) is an international, voluntary standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of Recycled input and chain of custody. The goal of the RCS is to increase the use of Recycled materials.
The objectives of the RCS are:
- Alignment of Recycled definitions across multiple applications.
- Track and trace Recycled input materials.
- Provide consumers (both brands and end consumers) with a tool to make informed decisions.
- Provide assurance that materials are actually Recycled and in a final product.
The Recycled Claim Standard is intended for use with any product that contains at least 5% Recycled Material. Each stage of production is required to be certified, beginning at the recycling stage and ending at the last seller in the final business-to-business transaction. Material Collection and Material Concentration sites are subject to self-declaration, document collection, and on-site visits.
The RCS does not address social or environmental aspects of processing and manufacturing, quality, or legal compliance.
Material Recycling refers to the point in the recycling lifecycle when a Reclaimed Material is processed into a Recycled Material.
Material generated by households or by commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities in their role as end-users of the product that can no longer be used for its intended purpose. This includes returns of materials from the distribution chain.
Material diverted from the waste stream during the manufacturing process. Excluded is the reutilization of materials such as rework, regrind or scrap generated in a process and capable of being reclaimed within the same process that generated it.
How to be Certified?
GSCS is the local partner of CERES GmbH, Germany to certified your company.
- Send application to GSCS local office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSCS will send the quotation for pre-payment
- Need to signed the certification contract before onsite visit
- GSCS will share the pre-audit documentation for your advanced knowledge
- GSCS auditor will conduct, on site visit
- Based on onsite visit result, CERES will issue your certificate with 12 months validity.
Why GSCS for ESIA?
- Highly experienced auditors
- International Accepted
- Defined & Agreed Project Timescales
- On time delivery of transaction Certificate (TC) of certified product
- Fixed Cost & Competitive Quotations
For more information about RCS certification, please contact us by phone or email at email@example.com. We will be pleased to assist you