Developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Higg Index is a suite of tools that enables brands, retailers, and facilities of all sizes — at every stage in their sustainability journey — to accurately measure and score a company or product’s sustainability performance.
- Higg Index delivers a holistic overview that empowers businesses to make meaningful improvements that protect the well-being of factory workers, local communities, and the environment. Higg Index is a verification not an Audit
Why Higg index Verification?
- Higg index verification is not pass fail audit
- Provide facilities with an external assessment of their performance
- Help facilities more accurately benchmark their KPI
- Support the implementation of a continuous improvement process
- Reduce costs and audit fatigue
Higg Index Onsite & Offsite Verification
Offsite Verification: The information can be verified through an offsite verification, in which the Verifier completes the Verification from a distance without visiting the Facility. The Verified Results of an Offsite Verification cannot be shared publicly.
Onsite Verification: The Verifier personally inspects or visits the Facility. The verified result of an Onsite verification can be shared publicly.
The benefits of Onsite Verifications:
- The Verifier visits the Facility, increasing the confidence of the Verification
- The Verifier can see the entire Facility
- The Facility spends time with the Verifier, which may increase their understanding of:
- The Performance Improvement Plan
- How to better meet expectations
- The Higg Criterion and Self-assessment
- If a Facility wishes to Verify Level 2 and/or 3 Chemical indicators, this can only be done through an Onsite
How to Define the Risk Level
High Risk: Industrial wastewater with onsite treatment.
Medium Risk: Facility with air emissions, no chemicals used onsite and no onsite wastewater treatment.
Low Risk: Facility without air emissions, with no chemicals used onsite and o onsite wastewater treatment.
GSCS offers you the SAC Higg Index Onsite Verification Service with very competitive price. We have a group of young, talented, energetic professionals with specialty in SAC Higg Index Onsite Verification.
For more information about Higg Index Verification please contact us by phone or email. We will be pleased to assist you.